<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
In some scenes, they always portray the same appearance. But when you look behind the scenes, you realised you have been fooled by the cover.

My dad comes home pretty late everyday. After a hard day at work, he would always laze around when he's home, asking my mum to do simple stuffs like getting a cup of water for him, helping him take his files to the table, setting up his laptop, etc. Witnessing this scene, I, at first, thought that my dad is very lazy. I mean like, can't he just do those simple stuffs by himself? And I always wondered why my mum did it without a single complaint.

Over many years, I now know that my dad isn't lazy at all. He's just tired from work, and such simple chores he wouldn't even want to lay his finger on at all. In fact, my dad is an extremely hardworking person. He's the sole breadwinner in the house. Not because my mum wasn't capable (in fact, I think she's damn capable), but because he didn't want my mum to work and "suffer". He managed to bring home enough money to feed 6 mouths (including himself and my maid), and still have enough to give some to his mum. And I admire him for that.

I realised that my mum was very understanding too. She understood that my dad was all drained from working, so she did all those simple chores without a single word. It was simple for anyone to complain at all anyway.

From 2 angles, I've noticed the different perceptions of a scene. And the phrase "Do not judge a book by its cover" applies perfectly.

We should have a habit of not jumping to conclusions without getting the whole puzzle pieced out. We can hazard a guess at first, but if there is a need, analyse the whole situation, before coming to a final judgement.

Geez, I don't know what I'm talking about...




ilona @ deviantART


have i a hole somewhere in me?
i've seem to have leaked out all my soul
and feeling very empty within
and at this very moment
i feel so willing to just sell myself for money
whatever, you want me to kill
you want me to die
you want me to humiliate myself
i don't care
just give me the money

even so
i know i should never do this
but when you feel so empty
it really feels like no point in living
but i don't want to betray my parents;
they brought me into this world
and raised me for so many years
to run off just like that
is something never worth forgiving

since the hole is still there
i hope it fills back something
and find back my meaning

Labels: