<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ValentinaKallias @ deviantART


DISCLAIMER:
another long and wordy post!


so the long weekend has ended
and it's back to boring ol' NS
won't be having any public holidays until April, I think
for Good Friday
=(

so today I went for my annual eye checkup again
I actually don't have to go back already
but yeah, for health purposes might as well go back annually
ever since they told me I need not go back anymore
I actually feel kinda sad, I think
so from then on, I always look forward to the checkup LOL
:lol:

so today I was really late, but it was okay
as usual, waited for my name to be called
normally I would get a refraction test
and consultation of the optometrist
and that's about it
oh, a refraction test is that "read the letters" test
the one to test the clarity and stuffs
:la:

initially, I was scheduled to only go for consultation
and if everything is well, that would conclude the checkup
but during the consultation
the optometrist said she isn't satisfied with the results of my eyes
so had to go for the refraction test (as usual)

for the refraction test, they did it slightly different this time
they only blurred my left eye, and asked me to read
GOSH I COULDN'T SEE THE LETTERS
my right eye was given the lens to see clearly the letters
BUT MY FOCUS WAS ON THE LEFT EYE AND IT WAS A BLUR
was totally turning my head already, facing slightly to the left
so my right eye could actually see
it's easier if my left eye was blocked, man

after that, went back to the optometrist
she says it was all okay
oh by the way
every year when I go for checkup
the optometrists I consult (not always the same person) are often...
beautiful
is it just me? or is it my eyes? LOL
maybe "being pleasing to the eyes"
was part of the Optometrist requirement
k ignore my crapping back there
so anyway, the beautiful optometrist said everything was okay
degree of myopia is still the same,
so I can continue using my current glasses

and she said since I haven't checked the back of my eyes for years now,
she would do it today
and gave me a couple of eye drops to, I think, dilate my eyes
it "stung" my eye when the eye drops went in
and my instinctive reaction made me blurt out "Oh My God"
it was weird 'cos the optometrist told me "don't swear la"
unless "God" is a swear word, I guess she probably heard me wrongly
and because I was trying to keep my eyes open for the eye drops
my mouth was -retardedly- opened too
so probably mispronounced the word "God" and sounded like "Guard"
and which she probably misheard as the F word
lol :dummy:

so after all the checks and stuffs, everything was good
not sure if SAF is gonna pay for this checkup (woots!)
but the cashier said she'll send the bill to SAF
if it bounces back, then the bill will come back to me
hope SAF pays it for me =P hahahahaha

the eye drops had a lasting effect on my eyes
I was temporarily having 老花眼 (Presbyopia)
'cos stuffs that are about 10cm away from my eyes
I can't see clearly, unless I remove my glasses
lol so I was temporarily disabled like that for 4 hours

so that's it for my checkup
pretty boring, huh?
but because of my eye condition, it made me quite interested in Optometry
but oh well, I could never grasp the crazy scientific terms
not all of them, at least
:bigla:
random: I hate how I can't see 3D properly! depth!!


Fall but do not stumble.
Be constant but not too persistent.
Share and never be unfair.
Understand and try not to demand.
Hurt but never keep the pain.

Love is supposed to be the most wonderful feeling. It should inspire you and give you joy and strength. But sometimes the things that give you joy can also hurt you in the end. Loving people means giving them the freedom; whom they choose to be and where they choose to go. Loving someone means giving them the freedom to find their way, whether it leads towards you or away from you.