<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
NOTE:
rant ahead


I have realised
that a couple of friends and I are experiencing a similar issue -
we feel that one of our siblings is really hateful
normally, this issue exists in a few families with more than 2 kids
and this individual is usually the 2nd child
well, obviously for my case, it's not the 2nd child
otherwise, that means the black sheep's me

let me let out my thoughts
I think as the eldest child,
one has the responsibility to look after his/her younger siblings
if not, at the very least, look after yourself
if you really can't do something that simple
I don't see why you can get any respect from your younger siblings
especially if they can do those better than you
way better

it's inevitable to spend some pennies on education for a better future
it's hard to not be spending during this period too
sure, one should play, have fun, especially when they're young
full of vigor and energy
(of course, when you're older, fun should still exist!)
but there's a limit too; a reasonable one
if you're spending your allowance, that's your freedom
but if you're overspending that
you better be earning some money
a couple of times of overspending is forgivable
but to do that again and again, is just fucked up

to not know how to save, yet spend a lot
who the fuck do you think you are, the king?
I do not believe that parents SHOULD give their children money
it should be their choice, their simple act of love
definitely not to be taken for granted

so, fine, parents have their rights too
we cannot force them to act the way we want them to
right

do what you want, dad & mum
dote on him, spoil him, protect him, spoon-feed him
honestly, I am perfectly okay with it
give him all the attention, whatever he wants and needs
I'm still fine with it
I have already acquired the necessary - knowledge, ability
I may not have a lot of it, but I have enough
so, go ahead and provide for him

you can do WHATEVER you want
but if you ever ask me for help to "help" him
you can jolly well dream on
I am definitely gonna leave him in the lurch
leave him to fend for himself
why?
I would ask the same question: why?
'cause he's my brother?
come on, really? I didn't realise he's one



so, what I'm trying to say is
stand up for yourself
I would never do anything at my expense, just to benefit him
NEVER
even if it means for my parents to suffer
dad & mum, I'm sorry, but he's gotta learn
better to be hurt now, than when he's falling deeper
it's gonna hurt a whole lot more
especially when he's not showing any signs of remorse at all
so, since he's not gonna save himself, why should I?

Labels: