<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

by yours truly
(click to download larger version: 1280 x 800 pixels)

art obviously not by me
original here: link



HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO ME!! :aww:

been wanting to do this post since 2010
to me, 21st birthday is a day to thank the people in your life
so yup, this post is gonna be about it
in no particular order,
the people I want to thank for teaching me various stuffs are:

Ou Jianle
a secondary school friend
he taught me that we need not take all comments seriously
people can say what they want, true or false
you have the choice to filter it out
I only saw this lesson after secondary school, though
so, thank you Mr Ou!

Carolene Chong Hui Lan
another secondary school friend, who sat beside me in secondary 1
I truly admire this girl a lot
she showed me how to be strong, how to be independent
she inspires me a lot
always so full of energy
really, she's like a role model to me
I want to (and I will) be as strong and as independent as she is
till today, she still inspires me a lot
so, thank you Ms Chong!

Cherie Liw Xueqi
best secondary school friend, same class for 4 years
the friend that got me through secondary school life
without her, many, many of things would have been different for me
helped and pushed me to actually STUDY
yes, something I normally won't do at all
she created the most of who I am today
taught me the most things
taught me what patience is
and we all know, patience is what helps us learn the most
her maturity changed how I think, how I look at things
taught me that I need to step in other people's shoes
and see things from their point of view
taught me to think about the consequences before any action is taken
taught me that I need to give up certain things sometimes
even though it may be painful
and to her, I want to apologise for all the mistakes I may have made
and thank you, for letting me grow up
so, thank you Ms Liw!

Clarence Sim Jun Yi
a poly classmate, and a real good friend
the first guy who made friends with me and Wayne
I can never forget that moment,
that moment when he just came by to me and Wayne,
stretched out his hand,
and said "Hi, I'm Clarence, nice to meet you guys"
and that's how our friendship begun
Clarence is a really, really hardworking person
he is one of my role models for being hardworking
although he say he's lazy at times,
you can really see him putting lots of effort in things he do
like for 3D Maya, he really went to learn it online
even ZBrush, a program we didn't really need to learn in poly
he went on to improve himself so much
very inspiring!
taught me to be less of a procrastinator that I am xD
so, thank you Mr Sim!

Rini Ong Zhi Qian
poly classmate, and the belle of the class LOL
actually, she's the only rose in the field of grass
if you don't get it, she's the only female in the class
very talented in art,
and also, another role model for being hardworking
always finding ways to improve her skills
even though she is already very good, she doesn't stop trying to improve
and yes, that is truly, truly inspiring
I should be like that
always finding ways to improve, no matter how good you already are
she even moved out of her comfort zone just to improve herself
I need to do that too
leave my comfort zone, learn new skills,
adapt to this environment, this world we live in
she taught me to never stop improving yourself
(of course, we need a break from time to time, can't forget that!)
so, thank you Ms Ong!

Broy Lim Jun You
poly classmate, fatty (LOL), top student
mind you, he's not fat, hahahaha
another amazing, and talented fellow!
I see him as a really good manager of his time
he is able to juggle work, class, and extra classes
extra classes meaning Japanese class and a Diploma Plus
and he can still do well for all!
a powerful, strong, and well-disciplined leader
he led me (and our teammates) to a grade 'A' for our FYP
very, very awesome guy
I wish I had his time-management skills
taught me how important time-management is
and showed me that we can achieve a lot, if we planned our time well!
so, thank you Mr Lim!

Wallace Woo Bing Jun
another poly classmate
to me, Wallace is a very wise man
despite his saddening past, he is able to push on in life
he has accepted many things that would break down an average person
and through that, you would expect him to have learnt a lot
taught me a lot of wisdom
very humourous person!
he's one guy who would always remind me to stand up every time I fall
he taught me how to have a more positive outlook in life
so, thank you Mr Woo!

Eve Lau Yu Hui
a working colleague
one of the people who's more mature than her age
a very true, sincere, and honest girl
she made me clear my doubt of being the person I am
she made me believe that being honest and real is right
I can see a lot of myself in her
except, obviously, the gender LOL
taught me to believe in myself a lot more than I had
so, thank you Ms Lau!

Tan Zixiang
my dear lovely, little brother
love him to the end of the world
simply the best brother I can ever have
one who's able to not only tolerate my crap and rubbish
but even join me in my nonsense LOL
we would have many random conversations that people would not understand at all
kinda telepathic too, it's actually scary LOL
understands me and loves me a lot
I still make a lot of careless mistakes
but knowing me, he's always like "hey, that's why you're cj"
he calls me "cj", by the way
taught me to understand and accept the flaws of others
so, thank you CX!

Dad
well, obviously, my father LOL
most awesome Dad I could ever ask for
first ever role model for being hardworking
can you imagine working 3 jobs and only sleeping 4hrs a day?
yeah, that's what he did, just to support this family
very understanding and giving father
gives me a lot of freedom, and trusts me a lot
of course, for that, I do well to discipline myself
taught me how important and valuable family is
so, thank you, and I love you Dad!

Mum
yes, obviously, my mother HAHAHA
also, most awesome Mum I could ever ask for
very talented at home
sewing, cooking, fixing (some) electrical appliances, raising sons!
instills a lot of moral values in me, along with my Dad
full of patience
always able to take my tantrums and mistakes
loves me a lot (just like my Dad)!
role model for me to learn many, many things, so I can depend on myself
taught me the importance of independence and tolerance
so, thank you, and I love you Mum!


I guess that's the major bit!
for all those names not mentioned, do not be sad
knowing myself, there is a part of everyone I meet in me
I just unconsciously pick up certain traits of people every time
although it sometimes replaces old traits that I picked up from
but yeah, everyone has a part in making who I am
it's just who plays a bigger role

for those who read this post, thank you so much
for my birthday, I hope everyone stays healthy,
if possible, healthy enough to keep doctors out of job lol!
never bow down to life, because everyone is stronger than life!

life may hit you hard, life may throw you shit,
we have no control of what comes, and sometimes, what goes
what we have is the control of our thinking, our mindset
adopt a positive one, and life can never be too hard
just remember, every second of your life, something positive is around you
- Jum Tan Zijie

Labels: ,