<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
17th April 2009; this day marks the end of my ITP.


illbewaiting @ deviantART


16th April 2009, I was still feeling normal about the fact that I'm leaving the next day. I don't feel the slightest bit of reluctance. And I thought I was heartless.

But on 6pm, 17th April 2009. I actually felt so don't-want-to-leave. I don't know what I'm thinking of, but it just feels weird. It's like just gone like that. It's like a rubbish bag; after containing the rubbish, throw it away. I don't feel like a rubbish bag; I just want to say that I kind-of miss the company now.

Not the work, of course, but the people. It's strange. How I actually will miss them after interacting with them for merely 8 weeks. This is my 5th job, and the only job that has, by far, made me reluctant to leave the company.

I don't really chat much with them. In fact, the only time we chat is during lunch. And sometimes, before work starts, for those early-comers (those who are newly recruited, just like me). It's amazing, how an hour everyday can actually create this pulling factor. I suppose it's this hour's effect; I don't lunch with my colleagues for my first 4 jobs (well, I do lunch with my colleagues, but these are colleagues are also my secondary school friends).

Although I might have been acting normal (well at least I tried to), I'm actually bursting out in tears inside. It already feels like a part of me. And now, I have to tear it apart. It feels so... painful.

There's one work I'll miss though; maintenance of Science Centre Singapore (SCS) website. It's the thing I've been doing for the whole 8 weeks. Since the first week, I already got assigned into maintaining the website. And every week, my logbook would have this phrase "maintenance of SCS website". This is the only job that I really enjoyed. I even look forward to them giving me more work to do, more contents to update. I don't know why. The work sounds boring, but it felt so fun just doing it.

Man, I feel like going back just to chat with them. Although most of them are older than me (there's only 1 guy who's younger than me, and he has left the company already too), I didn't feel out of place. The first day, I already lunched with the whole company (well, those who went for lunch). It feels so heartwarming. I felt very lucky for the fact that my company was actually that good, even though the work that I do isn't exactly related to my course.



I'm looking forward to the BBQ they are organising on 30th April. I hope it'll be a great day