<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


BIRTH 10 GRADSHOW
School of Design | School of Architecture and Built Environment
Venue: Suntec City (Entertainment City Atrium)
Date: 25th - 28th March 2010 (Thu - Sun)
Time: 10am - 10pm


yup
that's my grad show
I'm kinda ashamed to say the poster's done by School of Design
it looks... rather amateurish
but yeah
design is all about following the theme
plus like Jia Yi said
DCMD probably had many other stuffs they need to handle
thus the not-so-brilliant poster
at least I don't think it looks brilliant...

thinking I have to tend my own booth
from 10am - 10pm
for 4 days
it bores me already
I can't imagine how I'm gonna get past the 4 days

so for our grad show
we're gonna have a runway for the students
and just so happens
I got picked to do the catwalk
tsk
I don't know how to do no catwalk
initially I was still okay, just show some face
but I can't believe
I actually have to pay $20
for make-up so I can go up the runway
1) I didn't really want to do the catwalk
2) I don't know how to do a catwalk
3) You're asking me to pay $20?

for those who know me
yup, point 3 is a major turn-off already
just imagine
I'm gonna punch you in the face
and you'll have to pay me $50 for that
isn't it just ridiculous?

as an individual
damage done can be a little
but as a person (ie. Jia Yi) who oversees the whole picture
the damage can really be pretty huge
that's what happens all the time...
you can never please everyone
and it's just so hard to reach an agreeable state

from Jia Yi's POV
the grad show was a really exclusive thing for us
and the DCMD team actually include the runway
so it's more... fun?
beats tending your own booth for 12 damned hours
so actually, the effort is there...

but people don't always think the same
to me
I can make do without the grad show
it doesn't really matter to me at all
but no doubt
it'll be a bit more special than without a grad show

even from here
there's a learning point
you can never please everyone
looks like the grown-up world is already getting harder
I have lots to learn...

I could very well start with practicing my patience
it'll probably make many things a whole lot easier and better

Labels: ,