<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19446921?origin\x3dhttp://jumzijie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

nuriko-kun @ deviantART


I was browsing deviantART
and one of the artists that I'm following
actually revealed to the community
that she has this particular phobia of HUMAN INFANTS
maybe I should just copy-paste her comments:

yuumei:
I have this strange phobia of human infants (but not other animal infants). They just give me nightmares for some reason, and I can't even stand the sight of a baby (if there's a baby in the room, I will leave). Needless to say, I never want to get pregnant. However, I'm fine with looking at the very early stages of a fetus when they still share many characteristics with fish (ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny, although not exactly).

Since I have no desire to mother a human baby, I can't empathize with those who do want to become mothers, and that lack of empathy bothers me. While I was doing research for another story of mine, I read about how new dams (which also leads to greater water pollution) are decimating the fish population as well as causing still births in the surrounding villages. Some women can't even get pregnant.

Evolutionarily speaking, life's purpose is to reproduce. Technically we're suppose to pass on our own genes, but in a greater sense, it's also to preserve to our kind. But should our own kind be limited to human kind or all life in general? Of course, humans need other organisms to survive so there's no choice regardless of your personal beliefs.

In conclusion, my inner demon is the turmoil between my phobia of babies and the belief that life's goal is to reproduce. I'm also unsettled by my lack of sympathy for those humans who can't reproduce. I want to convince myself that human infants are no different than any other animals, like fish. I should care about the infertile women affected by water pollution as much as I care about the fish, but no matter how hard I try, I truly only have sympathy for the fish.

So are you all weirded out yet? XD (I'm pretty normal other than that)


so some people in the deviantART community
actually commented on her comments
rather than what they should (on her art piece)
they were somehow talking about the Earth
being overpopulated by humans
personally, I believe the number has indeed increased over the years
I'm not sure whether it's being overpopulated
maybe it is
but with more humans living on the Earth
extinction of more animal species
has distinctively increased
coincidence, much?
I do believe humans are partly responsible for it

since they're saying it's overpopulated,
the solution would naturally be eliminating some of them
it sounds harsh, that maybe millions of people
have to die so that Earth
would not be overpopulated by humans
but as the Chinese saying goes:
牺牲小我,完成大我
not doing anything might actually lead to the end of humanity
by then, wouldn't it be much worse?
maybe like what the people commented,
Voluntary Human Extinction (VHE) should happen
where people voluntarily removes themselves
in order to reduce the population
but hell, that sounds really crazy at the same time

governments are still asking the people
to reproduce more -.-
at this rate
we'll all be history!

insane talk
I'm sorry if I killed some of your brain cells
but I do hope solutions arise
so that we won't have to resort to methods like VHE